Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love Sabrina

I'm feeling a little word-impaired tonight, so this post will be light.

Another Sabrina, this time the dress version. For V-day, of course, but also suitable for the rest of the year.

Fabric: Chez Ami stripe cotton/lycra jersey, cotton rib knit from Golden D'Or fabrics via the Walmart clearance table. Man, I miss Wal-Mart's clearance stuff. So sad they decided to downsize their fabric departments. :(

Pattern: Mamu Sabrina. I shared my thoughts about this pattern in this post, nothing new to say. Except that it won't be my last version. :)

She hasn't mentioned it, but I suspect this dress is really comfortable. I have the woman's version of the pattern, so I might be making some of my own very soon.


She was a little upset when she didn't see any heart fabric on my cutting table, so I added this reverse applique on the pocket. I also added a few embroidered ribbon trims. The ribbon is more of my vintage garage sale stash stuff.


More Sabrinas to come!!

4 comments:

  1. OH, I just love it!!!! And I too am so sad about the Walmart fabric department :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. is so cute
    i love it.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from the Flickr ModKid pool. I love your work, and I hope you will come back! I've made the Sabrina a couple of times and loved it, but it's been a while. Yours is crazy cute, and you've got me itching to make another.

    ReplyDelete