I am a stay at home mom, so while I love reading about such sewing adventures, the fact is that I most happy when I sew something practical for my lifestyle. Which involves a lot of homebody-ness and shuffling kids back and forth.
So, I am FREAKING THRILLED that I sewed this comfy lounge/errands outfit for me!!!!!
Can I allow myself to be so excited about knit loungewear? I mean, it's not like I had to fit it or anything. I just sewed it as drafted. But for me it is wonderful!
Fabric: Cotton/lycra stretch french terry. I love this stuff to death. I need more of it--MORE! After stash game, Leah, pace yourself... Lots of plans for more from the other colors I still have it in!
Pattern(s): Jalie 3022 Yoga Pants and Jalie 2795 Hoodie. I don't think I've ever really mentioned Jalie patterns on here before. Well, they are amazing. Some of the best drafted patterns out there, and with incredibly simple yet informative instructions. From newbies to experts, anyone can pick up a Jalie pattern and get great results, even if you only have a basic sewing machine. Not to mention, each pattern comes with sizing from 2T up to adult sizes. I've already made my daughter a matching pair of yoga pants from 3022, which I'll put up in another post.
I wanted to make sure that my ribbing, pockets, etc., matched up, so I laid out my zipper along the front and marked on each side of the zipper where those would be. That way when I separated each side of the zipper to attach them to the fronts, I knew that each side would be hitting those marks at the same place. When I zipped it up, voila, matching pockets et al on each side. I also fused a strip of knit interfacing along the edge of each front before I attached the zipper. See, I can be precise when I want to be, Lyndsay T!!
When I showed this off to my hubby, he looked very jealous, gestured at his own hoodie and said, "oh. Mine's from...Old Navy." Wonh wonh. I think he wants me to make him one. I have another guy pattern that will work perfectly, but not any fabric. So he's going to have to wait until next month!
More to come!
Looks great!
ReplyDeleteI'm super impressed as usual that you made this! I wouldn't even attempt something like this as I'm sure it would end up a hot mess :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! And Jen, I don't believe you! If you can learn to sew bags, you can learn to sew knits. You just need a good pattern, the right needle, and good instructions! :)
ReplyDelete