Oh dear.
I knew it had been a while since I posted, but February??! I suck.
I did take a bit of a sewing break, but my sewing has been here and there for many reasons. Life just got really busy. I was tired. Blah Blah. When I have sewn, it's mainly been for others. I sewed 4 tween and teen-sized dresses for a dress swap in April/May. A dress for my sister for her birthday. And I'm working on a few dresses for one of V's playmates.
Oh. And I was all set up to do a craft fair back in April, I think? Well, yeah. No. I had so many things going on with the family, and my sewing energy was so drained, that I just couldn't expend it all on sewing up, assembly-line, a bunch of the same items over and over. Props to those who can do that kind of thing and not get bored. Not only did I have to back out so I could do my real job--taking care of my family--but I also could no-longer face the rote-ness. I am a creative person, and I sew as an outlet for that. A bunch of simple, square shapes and clipping curves over and over, like, completely steps on my muse. That's just me, personally, though!
I'm finally waking up now and going, um, hello, Leah, you have like no clothes in your closet. Way to go with the whole not-buying-clothes-from-the-store thing. My reward is a complete lack of fashion. (I like to talk to myself in a stern way. The voice inside my head is my mean-mom voice. You know the one? All moms have 'em.) So I'm focusing on sewing for meeeeeee right now, as well as the odd thing here or there for V, because I'm addicted to sewing for her. No matter what my sewing mood, sewing for my daughter always sounds appealing! :)
In light of that, over the last few weeks I have sewed a few things for myself. I hope to get some pictures of those this morning. I will do a catchup post of my things, and hopefully one of what I've sewn for V, as well.
Stay tuned...
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog a year ago. It's nice to have you back. Your tutorials are really useful. I wish you had time to write more! I really like your sense of humour. Your work is nice.
Maria
Hungary, Budapest