Ugh, this month I am so off the sewing bandwagon. Between all this house/townhouse stuff we've been going through, getting sick, blah, blah, I have not really turned on my machines much. And that's a really bad thing, because when I don't get any sewing time I get verrry, verry grumpy.
Another aspect of my life that's not helping is that my 2 year-old no longer naps AND he likes to go to bed late. So even if I wanted to take advantage of the evening, by the time I've put him down I am not exactly lucid enough to step out on the cold porch. Ugh, again.
Ah well, enough complaining.
Wait--one more:
I *did* manage to find enough time to sew an adorable, made-out-of-velvety-Michael-Miller-Flower-Crystals Kyoko dress for DD for a recent Disneyland trip. I told her that it was a "Mulan" dress and she was happy to wear it and pretend that she was theme-dressed. :) Since I took her to the park by myself and didn't want to lug around a camera, I just took pictures with my phone.
Here comes the slightly teary complaining part...
I....*crying*...recently left my cell phone overnight at a local movie theater. When I called the next morning, they had my phone. Relieved, I picked it up and thought all was fine. Until I went to go take a picture and the phone informed me that I needed to insert the memory stick. Which was NOT in my phone. The memory stick that contained this irreplaceable data that I had not uploaded to my laptop:
-Photos of DD in her Kyoko dress at Disneyland
-Videos of my mom and I at Disneyland at Christmas
-An adorable, make-me-cry-precious video of DD at Christmas enjoying her big-girl Starbucks mug (filled with hot chocolate). It totally looks like she's drinking coffee, but her denial of the content and the subsequent interview are priceless to me.
-Videos of my kids...in the bath. Like several of these. WHAT WAS I THINKING leaving these on my phone????
I have talked to several managers at the movie theater, and they are taking it seriously, thank God, but although they have a couple leads, it does not look like my memory stick will be recovered. I am just sick about this. UGH.
Oh geez...think of something happier and less disturbing! Ummm, okay, well the good news is that while some delinquent sicko might have my memory stick, I still have my kids. They are beautiful and healthy. I still have a Kyoko dress to photograph, a St. Patrick's Day skirt in Ginger Tile, and pretty book cover that makes me smile.
Now if I could just go sew up a storm today I will be *really* happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment