Saturday, March 6, 2010

I made good aprons?

Sometimes I am so bad about checking my Flickr photostream. I will check it every day for a few weeks and get nada, then I'll forget to check it and when I come back I have a bunch of comments. It's sort of like waiting for a pot to boil, I guess.

Anyway, I happened to log on tonight, and I had two nice items waiting for me:

1. Some of the aprons that I made for gifts last year made it into a group called Aprons of the Year 2009. Check it out! I'm on the front page! Go me. What's funny about it is that I rarely make aprons. Maybe I should make more if I get this kind of positive feedback when I do? Here are the aprons (if you can't see very well, just click on the photos to see the larger image):





2. I had this awesome note from some nice lady from Holland named Marchien:

Hi,
I saw a lot of your flickr-photos today and I love your sewing. I'm on the Ottobre list and from the Netherlands. The clothes you made are so beautifully made. I read you are very enthousiastic about your coverstich machine? I'm considering buying one myself. Well, good luck with your sewing!
Greetings from Holland!
Marchien

How sweet is that?! And I LOVE Holland! I mean, I've never been there or anything, but if I could, I would totally go.

On a different note, I failed miserably at the stash game (big surprise), but I did sew a bunch of stuff. That I will post about soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment