Monday, February 1, 2010

Cardi Wrap and Stash Game

Okay, I promised pictures of the cardi wrap(s) that my sister and I have made, but so far I've only gotten pictures of my sister's wrap. If only I had a willing model to pose with all my items. Since DH is never home when it's light, I always have to wait until the weekend if I want him to take pictures, and I forgot this past weekend. Crap.

In the meantime, this is definitely the better of the two we've made so far. The pattern is Simplicity 2603, and it has been making huge waves over at Pattern Review, where they had a sew-along for it. I think, like, almost 50 people have reviewed it on the site so far.

When I heard about this whole cardi-wrap thing (see DKNY Cozy, V.S. Soft & Sexy Wrap, etc.) I wanted in. So sometime in the Fall I got my Simplicity pattern and ordered 2.5 yards of rayon-lycra jersey from Fabric.com. Except that when I got the fabric, I thought, ehhhhh, this is really not my color. So it sat on my shelf (of course). Enter my sister, who mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she really wanted a cardi-wrap. I pulled out my pattern & fabric, she cut it out, and we sewed it up last Saturday. We didn't hem it at all, so it only took a few hours, and that was with muchos interruptions from the chillens. It came out awesome and she loves it.

Let me tell you, this thing grows. Not to mention it is long in the first place. She said she wore it loosely tied most of the time at work. I think it looks cute and put together no matter how you wear it. Easy to sew and fabulous--it's the perfect sewing project!



I have some periwinkle bamboo lycra all ready to cut out mine, so that is on its way. The wrap I've made so far is Kwik Sew 3721 in a grayish-brown french terry (I think french terry might be my new favorite fabric?), but as I mentioned, no pics of that yet.

February is going to be a huge, huge sewing month for me. I am playing the Stash Game over at my favorite online sewing community, Sewing Mamas. It runs February 1-28. You get 8 points for each yard of stash that you sew, 1 point for each notion, 2 points for finishing an unfinished project, etc. If you buy any fabric it's -8 points, and you only get +4 points if you sew up that yard. :p~ So, I am *hoping* to get to 200 points. I have all my projects in a little notebook, the thread colors organized, and I am ready to go. Hopefully many blog posts to come this month!

1 comment:

  1. Leah, this is a great cari-wrap! I really like it. I made one for my older daughter a few years ago using (kind of) an older Ottobre pattern, but I like your pattern better. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete