My lovely ummmm...postally employed human was so kind as to bring me these recent gifts! Isn't he so nice? I love him:

Fabric from left to right: Gorgeous 100% Waterford linen...this is the real stuff, baby (2yds), Hot Blossom Sunset large floral (3 yds) and medallion print(1 yd), Robert Kaufman panda leaf--organic 60% cotton/40% bamboo.
Patterns: Indygo Junction Over the Top Tunic, and Maw Bell Sweet Summer Sundress pattern.
I had intended to use the linen/panda to make some totally crunchy reusable grocery & veggie bags, but now that I have them they are so fabulous, and I hate to use them for something so practical. I should, though. I want to make the longer sleeved version of the tunic out of my Hot Blossom fabrics. As for the 2nd pattern, it's a little late for sundresses, but I might do one as a pinafore for Fall for Vi.
This is a long-awaited order from one of the co-ops that I belong to. I have mixed feelings about co-ops. On the one hand, the prices are good and I have never been disappointed with the quality of fabric/patterns that I have gotten. On the other hand, my stuff can take for-ev-er to come (like, 4-5 months sometimes!), and often some of the fabrics I want get dropped from the order. For instance, I went crazy, CRAZY over the Hot Blossom line when I saw it. I thought it over carefully and ended up ordering 10 yds of the various prints. After waiting forever to close the sale, many of these bolts were dropped, and I only got 4 yds. Fine, I could order on Etsy, but unfortunately by that time most of the prints were not even available online anymore. The ones that I did find were mostly in the colorways & prints that I didn't want! Argh, so frustrating. I would take 3 yds of every print in the Sunset colorway if I could. Instead I am left with two prints that I didn't even intend to go together. Not that they clash, it's just not as mellow a combo as I envisioned. Oh well.
On to the next order:

Top row from left to right: Pirate Mickey cotton jersey--sooo silky! (me + DS?), gray/black stipe rib knit (DS), owls on putty waffle knit (tank top for me), large brown/blue stripe cotton/lycra jersey (DS).
Bottom row from left to right: Hello Kitty rib knit (*DD), turquoise rib knit (DD), hot pink floral cotton/lycra jersey (DD).
These beautiful knits are from Sewzannes--love her store and fabrics! She always has wonderful quality fabrics at reasonable prices. Also, her shipping is so fast that you would swear the mailman knocks right after you click "order". :) She sends everything priority, so it is about as close to instant gratification as you can get. When your fabric comes, it always has a lovely bow of some stretchy trimming tied around it--yay free stretchy trims! This time it was a pretty pink foldover elastic, which I will definitely use. It is the little roll in the center of the picture.
Okay, okay, I know what you are thinking. I do not need anymore fabric. I do not have ROOM for anymore fabric. But, well, what can I say? I have a greedy bee-otch inside of me, and she is screaming, "MORE FABRIC, MORE FABRIC!!!" Down girl, down! (Okay, here's some fabric.)
Truth be told, last week I reorganized all my stacks so they were perfectly divided, theme-ized and even. And now I have to fit all this in. Aaaannnd, I don't know how I'm going to do it. Luckily I have Fall/Halloween/Christmas coming up, for which I must do MUCH sewing, so that is really going to thin down the stacks. I think.
You know you love my obsession, too...
No comments:
Post a Comment