Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bamboo: A Miracle Substance


Okay, ignore the silly expressions on my face! It is pretty hard to take pictures when you keep having to shush the kids out of the shot, and you're trying to suck in, recover from laughing at Sam's jokes, etc.

Well, hmm, the whole skirt/top set I was working out didn't really come out very well as a pair, although I do like them individually. In the meantime I managed to finish this maxi dress today, which I looooove. I made it out of a lovely, drapey bamboo/lycra blend knit that is like sewing with air, but once you're done you get to wear it, and it feels like a cloud...which is a good thing. I sewed bra cups in, too, because I am so anti-strapless anytime, much less when it is hot, so yay for breasticular freedom! I was feeling pretty sexy when I tried this on, and then on the way out the door to take pics, Sam commented that the back didn't, "look right," and wasn't, "very flattering." Nice. This is what it is like to live with someone who is completely logical and brutally honest. I will just console myself that he was trying to check out my butt and couldn't. Maybe I should have told him I'd left off the panties??


Here is the skirt I mentioned in a previous post. The colors are just so ridiculously bright...I'm kind of bummed that the top didn't work out with this skirt, because now I'm back to square one as to what should go with it. I'm not really into the white tank top (just a stand in), and I couldn't find another color in my stash that worked right as a top with these colors. I really don't want it to become a closet orphan, but I fear it's fate is a little doomed.


Okay, now here's the top, and I am kind of loving it. I know not everyone's going to agree with the way I styled it (listen to me, like I am some kind of expert--soooo not), but I have been kind of dying to do skinny jeans with heels, and I thought this was sort of the perfect time. Plus I think the pink is a little toned down with the unexpected cream color. Oh, and I am not actually pissed, just trying not to laugh again.


Sooo, that's all the sewing for now. I managed to make all of these from patterns that are pretty much from all over the world: Burda Magazine (Germany), Make It Perfect (Australia), and good ol' Simplicity (USA). I am not a pattern snob, just a whore with billions of patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment