It seems that about $50 worth of lingerie/swimsuit sewing supplies I had ordered from Sew Sassy awhile back have gone missing. I went to gather all my swimsuit supplies today, and I can't find them anywhere. This includes all my cotton-covered rubber elastic, bra hooks, molded bra cups (much nicer for my less-than-there broobs than the flimsy cups that JA sells), picot-edged lingerie elastic...you name it. I have searched everywhere I can possibly think of, and all that stuff is nowhere to be found.
I feel pretty awful. Not only is this possibly money down the drain, but I was hoping to finish a couple of suits by Monday. And, I know this sounds really batty-sewing-lady crazy, but I feel emotionally attached to pretty much all of my sewing related items, so like...I miss them. These beautiful, feminine pretty things went bye-bye, and, well, sniff. *boohoo*
Okay, taking a deep breath here. This is truly not the end of the world, and--hello--some people have real problems.
I think I will just put off the swimsuit sewing for a couple months or so. If our move in June doesn't magically unearth these supplies, I will re-assess and re-order from Sew Sassy then.
As for Monday, I suppose I will just have to make an emergency swimsuit run. UGH.
I've only been sewing a month but I can totally understand what you mean about being attached to your sewing things! I feel the same way, especially about the fabric. Hope everything turns up soon!
ReplyDelete