Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hung Up

Things have been a little crazy lately, so I haven't had as much time to sew as I'd like. I did get the chance last week to make some owl stuff (an apron, potholders, and a couple tank tops) for my owl-loving cousin Erin, but darned if I forget to get pictures, ack! Maybe she will be sweet and take some for me?? *wink wink*?

Right now I'm torn between 2 different projects:

1. A patchwork skirt from my Urban Chiks Summer in the City charm pack. I've actually already started it, but I had to switch out all my thread/needles for several other projects, and I haven't gotten back around to finishing it.

2. My Kwik Sew ruffle front swimsuit. We are going to an annual pool party for Memorial Day, and I was thinking I might want to finish my swimsuit by then. Unfortunately I will have to re-thread all three of my machines, trace and cut my fabric, and then, y'know, actually sew the dang thing. For some reason I am really dragging my feet on this project. I think I'm just not in the swimsuit mode, and sewing for myself is not my first choice these days. It's just a lot easier to sew and fit things for my DD, so that's what I tend to gravitate towards.

Hmm. Well, hopefully I will get a chance to get some sewing in tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I really don't want to be stuck without a bathing suit on Monday, so I will probably have to make that a priority. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment