So, this year I scaled back & everything went so much more smoothly. Here's pair of pjs I made for my nephew, who lives in Texas. My SIL said that he's 12 months wide by 18-24 months long, so these are long and skinnnny. How awesome is it to be able to sew custom pjs for my non-standard fit subjects? This is where sewing is so handy...
I tried something different with these where I used the backside of my coverstitch for the topstitching. Because I have a home coverstitch machine, I do not access to that cool stitch you see on rtw pajamas and sportswear where it's all zig-zaggy on both side of the coverstitch. So I faked it by topstitching everything from the wrong side. It's not technically the same stitch, but I still think it looks cool.
I also was able to sew up these reusable grocery bags for Sam's mom. She lives in cold, dreary New Hampshire, so I thought I'd use some bright prints. When she opened the bags, however, she commented that they were very "California". Hmm. These are from Heather Bailey's "Pop Garden" line, and I have no idea where she currently lives, but I must say that the thought never crossed my mind that it might be California? I dunno. Oh well, I hope the MIL likes and uses them at any rate. (BTW, these are just fabric versions of a Target plastic grocery bag. Except that they will not, in the future, become part of a floating plastic island in the ocean.)
Check out these awesome tags that Shari designed for me. My MIL asked me if I was selling my stuff now. I replied that, er, no, I am, "too lazy," but that I like to put these tags on gifts anyway. Sooo, maybe sometimes *coughalot* I am too honest with my MIL? I think she was a lil' non-plussed.
I also made DH some freaking awesome pj pants and a, "perfectly tailored," (his words) t-shirt that made him jump up and down and ask for more, but alas I do not currently have pics. I have to get some this week so I can brag about my man-sewing. :)
In other news, about, er, 60-70 yds of fabric arrived at my house last week. MERRY FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!! Why so many, well, these had been mostly piling up at various co-ops for many months. Aaand I don't need any more knit prints? Obviously, it is hard to ignore the fact that you have a problem when you have this many yards staring you in the face, but nevertheless I was, like, jumping up & down in the piles. *sniff* *aaahhhhhh* *giddy*
Firstly some lovely Chez Ami knits that I got at their recent sale. Most of these were 2.50/yd for fabulous, top quality knits. They are A-MAZ-ING.
Next up, these are from my main co-op and consist of boutique knit prints from Baby Nay, Baby Lulu, Plum Pudding, Flaphappy, etc. + some Christmas prints & a bunch of cotton wovens from Laura Gunn's Lantern Bloom line. I'm thinking of re-doing our bedroom stuff with the Lantern Bloom fabrics & coordinates. You can kinda see them in the top, blown out part of this pic.
And would you believe it all fit on one bookcase shelf? Amazing. Also, no more fabric for the next 3 months, at least. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment