What: Sophisticate Dress pattern from Anna Maria Horner
Fabric: Amy Butler Lotus "Lacework" in Sage from co-op
Thoughts: I love it. No complaints. Pattern was super easy to put together, and I think it looks flattering on. I added the optional belt, which I think makes a huge difference in the fit.
What: Simplicity 3507
Fabric: Anna Maria Horner Good Folks "Small Gathering" in Plum from co-op. 100% Irish linen from Fabric.com.
Thoughts: Hmm. I should have stay stitched the neckline because it gapes a little bit. Linen is a tricky little sucker for sewing curves. The shift has an upside-down triangle shape, which is kind of interesting. I've decided that I look fine in boxy shifts, but in this case I really do think it could benefit from a belt. I think a wide, woven one would look nice. Unfortunately I don't own any belts. Maybe next time I'm at the mall I'll take a look at H&M.
See what I mean about the inverted triangle? Interesting. (My adjectives astound me today!)
What else? I'm also working on a couple of Jalie Sweetheart neck tops/dresses for me and DD out of Mad Sky hearts and a cute owl print from Mis-Tee-Vious. I am all done except for the coverstitching, for which I need to pull out my brand new Janome CP1000. I am a little scared, because I have yet to use this machine, despite having it for, like 3 weeks already. I know it will be fine, it's just an unknown. Anyway, I hope to get to that today.
Still haven't gotten pics of the Snow White & gnome costume fabrics. Maybe later today as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment