This costume kicked my butt. Like, I don't even want to go into it. I sewed it, it's done, and involved hand-sewing 12 snaps on the collar, dear Lord. I used sparkly poly Casa satin from Joann's and cotton velveteen for the red accents. I don't think newbies should sew costumes, because they are a whole other level of slippery fabric/complicated instructions, etc. Now I remember why I like to sew quilting cottons and knits!
Friday, November 6, 2009
La Princessa
Here are a few pics of DD's Snow White costume that I sewed for her birthday/Halloween. My mom and I took her to Disneyland for her birthday and got her all done up at their new Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique. It was AWESOME. I know the hair's a little crazy--I kind liked it after it had softened up at the end of the day. She loved it though.
This costume kicked my butt. Like, I don't even want to go into it. I sewed it, it's done, and involved hand-sewing 12 snaps on the collar, dear Lord. I used sparkly poly Casa satin from Joann's and cotton velveteen for the red accents. I don't think newbies should sew costumes, because they are a whole other level of slippery fabric/complicated instructions, etc. Now I remember why I like to sew quilting cottons and knits!




This costume kicked my butt. Like, I don't even want to go into it. I sewed it, it's done, and involved hand-sewing 12 snaps on the collar, dear Lord. I used sparkly poly Casa satin from Joann's and cotton velveteen for the red accents. I don't think newbies should sew costumes, because they are a whole other level of slippery fabric/complicated instructions, etc. Now I remember why I like to sew quilting cottons and knits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I'm super impressed! Leah, that looks great- nice job :)
ReplyDelete