You may remember a very short time ago I posted that I had finally set up my Etsy shop, and I felt rather apathetic, er, overwhelmed. At a loss as to how to do the graphic design/photography aspects of this whole idea, I called up my Very Good friend Shari, and said,"helllllllp!!!"So she did.
Reaaaallly. No REALLY. Like, I think at this point she may have put more work into my shop than *I* have! Shari has ridiculous photography talent and technical know-how, and that is why I am so honored to have these pictures of my creations!! Wow, just wow. Let me share:
Anyone else smell the apple and pumpkin pie with in this shot?? Thannnnnnksgiving....mmm....
Not going to lie, kind of happy about these butt shots. Um, who wants her butt to look bad? Not me, my friends.(Incidentally, my irreverent husband calls these aprons, "the ones where you're not supposed to wear anything underneath.")
Just gonna let that sit...
Whoa, and on a completely different subject: kids aprons! Wait, I think I need more white space......
...
Okay, I'm good now. Um, how adorable is her little daughter modeling these kiddo versions? I love her "popped" foot and her pink Chucks!
Up close the mini-aprons are just like Mommy's. :)
Having visited my rather overstocked sewing room, Shari knows a thing or two regarding how passionate I feel about fabric. Specifically, I want to make love to piles and piles of beautiful fabric, dive into it, smell it, stare at it. I have a love-love relationship with it. I will only accept the best, quality and print-wise. *sniiiiiiff* Fabrique!So, in the interest of taking fabric pictures "for custom orders", she took several shots of various piles of my fabric. *ahem* Yeah...these are for custom orders. Not for whipping me up into a frenzy of fabric lust. *cough* Nooooooo. Strictly busnaz.
These are all Christmas prints from a recent Fabric.com order. I got a great deal on them, as they were all on sale, and then I had an additional coupon code. Regular prices per yard for premium quilting cotton, as you may know, usually run ~$10 a yard. So happy that Fabric.com and Hawthorne Threads are always hooking me up so I can enjoy my favorite habit without having to pay full price every time. :)Incidentally, these prints are mostly from Robert Kaufman and Alexander Henry, and they make me feel all Christmasy giddy inside.
These are some vintage Joann's prints. A while back they decided to jump on the whole Japanese novelty print bandwagon and came out with a few Japanese-inspired whimsy prints of their own. I gobbled these two up, but sadly my daughter is not so much into prints like this. Princess or fairies or flowers or bust, she says. Oh, she is so hard to please! :p~
Recognize these? Leftover scraps from the Glam Garden dress I made for my daughter's 1st day of school. Still completely gaga over this line. I don't have enough for anything big, but I figured I'd put them out there for some of my checkbook covers and wallets. At the very least, I am making something for me! :)
I am all about these saturated blue/turquoise prints lately; these are from two different designers. The top one is from Tina Givens' Fairy Tip Toes line, and the two down from that are from Jennifer Paginelli's Flower Power. These two lines are printed on the most amazing, luxurious quilting cotton. It is perfect for more structured items like aprons, and wears so wonderfully. The quality honestly spoils me when I am working assembly line, because it puts even some of the other premium quilting cottons I use to shame!
More of Tina Givens' Fairy Tip Toes. I am amazed at how she makes these rather different colors work together all in one line. Combining brights and pastels is no easy feat. Sooo beautiful--I can't wait to sew them into girly-girly-ness, whether it be some of my aprons, other kitchen items, or maybe a little girls' dress??Speaking of clothes, YES, I am still sewing those. My kids need pajamas like they're naked (they aren't, actually, but you get the idea), and I still have those freaking Michael Miller knits calling my name very, very loudly. With two craft fairs under my belt in the last few weeks, I haven't had time to clothe my own kids, so I hope to remedy that a bit this week.
Until next time!
Thanks so much Leah! I'm so glad you love everything!!! So happy I was able to help out and make your Etsy site uber fabulous! You're aprons are gorgeous and I can't wait to watch your store take off.
ReplyDeleteYay for amazingly beautiful fabric!!!